Patch day is here. I’ve got the patch notes listed below for those who are at work where the official ESO site might be blocked.
I know we all hate the servers being down, but it’s nice to get some fixes to quests. The fix to the Divine Favor quest is welcome indeed. I ran into that one last night. It’s a little frustrating when you come upon a bugged quest.
A little side note. I’ve found that sometimes logging out of ESO and restarting will sometimes fix the problem. Worked for me last night with the Divine Favor quest. No less frustrating, but at least I got it done.
According to their forums it looks like we’ve got a couple more hours to go as of this post. What are you doing to pass the time? You can always head to my Twitch.tv stream for a little ESO fix. Check out the latest streaming sessions and be sure and follow me if you like.
The Elder Scrolls Online v1.0.3 features a number of fixes to existing content, mainly focusing on systems and quests that were blocking progression. We’re working hard to resolve other issues we know you’re eager to see fixed, and we’ll let you know when they’re addressed.
We’re also continuing to work on the more global issue of botting and gold spamming. These changes are happening behind the scenes and although we aren’t mentioning specifics in the patch notes, we are continually working on protecting you from bots and gold farmers. We continue to receive all your reports, and taking care of them is one of our top priorities. Thanks for sending them in and for your patience.
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
- Attempting /stuck in Cyrodiil no longer instructs you to use /bug instead of /help if you’re actually stuck.
- Resolved an issue if you take all the resources around the same time, and the icons do not update in real time on the map.
- You will now generate Ultimate against battle-leveled players.
Combat & Gameplay
- Silver Bolts rank 2 can now be re-added to your skill bar if it gets removed.
- Fixed an issue with the Ranger’s gait set bonus. It no longer gives you excessive stamina recovery.
Crafting & Economy
- You will no longer accidentally deconstruct your equipped helmet.
- The sell value of food that you create has been reduced to be more in line with other crafting skill lines.
Dungeons & Group Content
- You will no longer get stuck if all the cultists are killed as soon as they spawn.
- Banished Cells: After killing Cell Haunter and the other monsters, Keeper Areldur will no longer remain trapped.
- Banished Cells: Fixed an issue in the final boss room where the boss would not spawn if you were on the quest, but not on the right step.
- You will now be forced to restart the game client following a patch to ensure you do not get stuck on the login screen.
- Fixed an issue where you would get shot up into the air when walking over certain objects.
- Through the Ashes: Monsters in the Abandoned Mine will now respawn as intended.
- A Hostile Situation: It will no longer be possible to get trapped in the jail cell when grouped with another player.
- An Act of Kindness: Resolved an issue where you could not use the crystal on monsters when you should have been able to.
- Unearthing the Past: Fixed an issue where motes could not be interacted with on occasion. They are now be interactable when on the appropriate quest step.
- Carzog’s Demise: Caleen and Lambur will now always speak to you.
- Frozen Man: You will now be able to find the third clue.
- The Army of Meridia: The Groundskeeper will no longer occasionally spawn in an uninteractable state.
- Crossing the Chasm: You will now always be able to start and advance through the portal events.
- Crossing the Chasm: The fight against Molag Grunda will now reset properly if you revive after being killed.
- Trade Negotiations: Markers have been added to the compass and world map for each step in the quest.
- Trade Negotiations: Bodani and Raston should now always appear when turning in the quest.
- Challenge the Tide: The signal horn should now always be able to be used to summon Gruznak.
- Lineage of Tooth and Claw: The bound werewolf will now speak as intended when taken into the cave.
- Forgotten Soul: The central welkynd stone will now always be interactable.
- Scars Never Fade: Slim-Jah will now always speak with you, and her hunters will now always be willing to duel.
- Unsafe Haven: The ritual event will now spawn in as intended, and will no longer break with many players in the area.
- Anchors from the Harbour: Doshia has had her powers reduced.
- Castle of the Worm: Fixed an issue where the quest could become blocked if you logged out or disconnected during the “Observe the Scene” step.
- Castle of the Worm: Cadwell will no longer decide to stop following you.
- Daughter of Giants: The exit portal will now always appear after defeating the final boss.
- Arithiel: The sorcerer event will now always spawn as intended when you’re on the correct quest step.
- Hadran’s Fall: Returning Tand to the boss area will no longer break the quest.
- Fell’s Justice: Leonce will now always respawn as intended.
- The Liberation of Northpoint: Darien will no longer get stuck and prevent you from completing the quest.
- Proving Trust: It should now be much easier to find and heal peasants.
- Divine Favor: Resolved an issue where you could not summon the Guard-Captain.
- Fixed an issue where the achievements Dreamslayer, Spirit Warden Champion and Azura’s Ally were not being awarded correctly.
- The Perfect Burial: It will now be much easier to find mudcrabs.
- Trial of the Body: All of the bosses will be able to be attacked as intended.
- Tomb Beneath the Mountain: You will now always be able to reanimate a corpse and have it follow you.
- The error message “Account Expired” will now display properly when the client is set to any language.
- The error message “An unknown error has occurred” has been edited to be more helpful.
Below are the patch notes for April 2, 2014. Would have been nice to get a little warning, but at least there are some important fixes in there. For me the Balreth quest lines are a welcome fix. Lots of other good fixes though. Anyway be sure and give them a read. You can find the original post on the ESO Forums.
It should also be noted that there was a lengthy downtime for the North American Megaserver. There is an announcement on the ESO Forums that they are going to update as things progress. Currently the server is still down, but the last update indicates that the server should be up shortly. Not holding my breath for that, but you never know.
*EDIT* – Here’s another link to a thread that looks to be more updated than the one I originally posted.
The Elder Scrolls Online v1.0.1 features a number of fixes to existing content. Here’s a brief overview of what awaits you in this patch:
- Fixes to quests that were blocking progression.
- New option to view the intro cinematic any time.
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
- Revised the quest to kill 20 players in Cyrodiil to make it a daily quest, rather than repeatable.
Combat & Gameplay
- Reduced the percentage required to gain credit for a kill for healers that were healing an ally.
- Fixed an issue where you could get dismounted from your horse when jumping over various objects.
- Fixed an issue with fishing where the game client could crash.
- Fixed an issue where abilities with a cast time were not properly reducing your movement speed during casting.
- Fixed an issue where the monkey pet granted to beta testers occasionally had collision.
Crafting & Economy
- Fixed an issue where low-level players were being granted high-level food recipes. You should now receive recipes appropriate for your level.
Dungeons & Group Content
- Fixed an issue where the chest containing the portal to Crow’s Wood would occasionally get stuck in an open or closed position, and would prevent you from entering.
- A Son’s Promise: Fixed an issue in Crows’ Wood where Rulantaril’s Construct would instantly respawn.
- Fixed an issue with Dark Anchors which could prevent monsters from spawning.
Exploration & Itemization
- You will no longer receive veteran rank swords from fishing in Stonefalls.
- Fixed an issue with the MacBook Air that was causing NPCs to multiply as you moved the camera around.
- In the name of the Queen: Fixed an issue in the quest where the priestesses at the Northern and Western ritual sites would occasionally get stuck in a kneeling pose, blocking your progress.
- New in Town: Malareth has been run out of Vulkhel Guard for the time being, but she vows to return at a later date. Those of you on this quest are advised to abandon the quest until she returns. Not completing this quest will not impact any achievements.
- Prove Your Worth: Fixed an issue where you would lose credit for dueling NPCs if other players interfered before the NPC could land a hit.
- Bloodthorn Assassins: Increased the respawn rate of suspicious cargo, plus the chance of the correct assassin spawning in the cargo.
- Legacy of Baelborne Rock: Tanchim now yells at only you when interacting with the rune, instead of everyone in the region, including most of Daggerfall City.
- Vale of the Guardians: Fixed an issue where the quest could get blocked if one of the monsters defending the Wyress got stuck.
- The Perils of Diplomacy: Added a map pin to the location of the Green Lady to resolve an issue where the red mist leading to her location was not visible.
- Shornhelm Divided: Fixed an issue where the High King Emeric would occasionally not appear on the step “Meet High King Emeric.” You can now meet him!
- Death of Balreth: Fixed a couple of issues which were preventing you from containing the spirit at the end of the quest, blocking both completion and exit.
- Restoring the Guardians: Fixed an issue that was preventing Ragebinder and/or Blaze from appearing when summoned.
- Fixed an issue where you could not zoom in to look at your first character’s face in the character creation menu.
- The intro cinematic has been replaced with a new, higher quality version.
- There is now an option to play the intro cinematic any time you’d like to watch it again.
- The issue preventing chat and name filters from working has been fixed; chat and character names are now filtered for bad language. Please be aware that Customer Support may have to alter your character name if it breaks our naming requirements.
- Added a textual warning when deleting a character reminding you that items still attached to characters on deletion will be deleted. This includes items granted through pre-ordering, Imperial Editions, and beta rewards.
- Note: This message is currently only in German and French. We intend on adding an English message soon.